Chocolate Ginger Loaf – gluten free, breadmaker method
- 100g melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 150g sugar pref brown
- 1 large heaped tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 heaped teaspoons dried ginger
- 50g cocoa powder
- 175g self raising gf flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Splash of vanilla
- Large handful of sultanas
- Sliced preserved stem ginger
- Use dough setting to start.
- Add eggs, sugar, spice, fat and syrup and allow machine to mix for a couple of minutes.
- Gradually add first the cocoa and then flour and baking soda.
- Ensure mixture has absorbed the flour – switch off and use a spatula if necessary.
- Switch the machine to cake setting. Switch on and add the fruit and ginger if using.
- Allow to cool, serve sliced with butter – and marmalade if you fancy.